creating beauty and warmth where you live

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A New Buffet and Some Easter Pretty

Hi Friends!  Remember when I showed you my foyer and springtime vignette?  You can see it here.  I mentioned then that I had been on the hunt for months for a buffet for the foyer.  Well, how quickly things can change.   Ta da!!

Isn't it beautiful?  I had been faithfully scouring local ads, thrift stores, estate sales, etc.  I found this listed on eBay classifieds.  Did you knot that eBay has a classifieds website?  This piece has a companion piece too, a china cabinet.  They are from the 1920's and both have been well taken care of and are in really good condition.  

I paid $225.00 for both pieces!  That is right, $112.50 each!  For now the china cabinet is on our screened-in back porch.  I had intended to use it in another place in our home but it simply didn't look right.

Now back to the buffet....I updated the table scape with an Easter theme.

I am using the same runner I had on the other chest.  Moved the plant that was in the silver wine cooler and replaced it with these cuttings from a ginormous tree in our back yard.  



Don't know the name of the tree but it has sweet white blooms on it.  My husband cut a lot for me and believe me, it didn't make a dent in the appearance of the tree.

I downloaded this awesome He Has Risen printable from Dear Lillie website.  You can get your own for FREE!!  Jennifer has them in several different colors.  Love her and her blog!  She is so talented. 

I placed a couple of cutie rabbits in front of the picture with Easter grass and eggs.  The crystal lamp is old but new to me, given to me by my Mom.  The two buffet lamps are in another spot for now.  



So what do you think about my new buffet?  I think it fits the foyer so much better than the chest I was previously using.  My plan is to paint the buffet.  I thought long and hard about it.  It is not yet an antique.  It is pretty like it is but I want to update it.  I am planning to use that fabulous chalk paint that everyone is blogging about.  Here it is again.




What color do you think would look good?  White?  Blue?  Green?  Gray?  I would like to use Duck Egg blue.  What are your thoughts?

Thanks for stopping by!  Libby~


Linking up to the following parties!

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style


Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life


Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm


Twice Owned Party at House of Grace

Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality





15 comments:

  1. It is very pretty and I think it would be lovely in gray or white. ♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Libby...I saw your link at Wow Us Wednesday. This buffet is one of the best deals I have ever seen. What luck! I have tried to sell a few things in the eBay classifieds but have not had any luck so far. Maybe I should try again. I'm a new follower..come and visit my blog if you have time. Happy Easter ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Libby, that is a really beautiful piece you got there. I'm going to have to check out this eBay classifieds. I just started to use the Chalk paint and now I want to paint everything in my home. I bought several of the colors and honestly, they are all beautiful. Hopefully I will have my pieces done soon so I can post. Just waiting for the wax to come in. I'm your newest follower....stop on over to visit!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty buffet. Love your wine cooler with branches in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous piece and you will love the chalk paint. Whatever color will go best with the surrounding rooms. You have to wax that paint just in case you didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pieces. I think the buffet would be gorgeous in white. It has such beautiful lines...they would really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they are both beautiful pieces. I could see it in any of the colors you mentioned. I did not know about the classifieds. I will have to check that out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh! Can't wait to see it painted. I am dying to use that chalk paint too!

    Your vignette looks lovely!

    Am so glad you were able to use the He is Risen print!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you go to my blog, you'll see that I recently painted one similar to this. Your's has nicer details than mine. I knew I wanted to paint mine so looked for one that had an ugly dark finish. I actually really like the finish on your's. But I'd probably still want to paint it. I found the table and chairs with mine but no china cabinet. I painted mine white but I've seen them done in turquoise and loved it. I show one on my blog in turquoise if you go back to either March or February.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a find. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful details on it and I don't blame you for wanting to paint it robin egg blue, it will be fabulous in that color!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pieces, it is beautiful as is, but I am sure it will be nice whatever you do to it. You have your vignette arranged so beautifully on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Libby, nice to meet you! HOpe you can make it to the lunch.

    What great pieces you found & a wonderful deal. I do think that buffet will look great painted. I've seen the chalk paint, but never used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with your buffet. I have been on the hunt for one just like that for months. My grandmother had one. You got such a great price. You said you found it on Ebay, was it in your area? I have been looking on Craigs list in areas near me. They are both beautiful.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete